Is the ability to remove the amount youāre making and change from monetary goals to patron numbers not available to all creators yet?
I just started a secondary Patreon account and have the ability to have goals based on number of patrons, but it is not available to my primary account (or Iām not seeinā where to change it). I looked through the help center faqs and couldnāt find it. Sorry if it is addressed elsewhere.
While weāre on the topic, what are your opinions on one vs. the other?
Iām interested in hearing peoplesā opinions on this one too. Iāve just shifted mine over to not show my monthly income, and also my goals are now ānumber of patronsā rather than āamount of moneyā oriented.
Thus far my lovely patron community is super supportive of it (including you, @Lochy, thank you), and Iām interested to hear more thoughts on one vs the other.
Regarding your question, Lochy, I believe they are rolling out this new feature throughout January, so you should have it as an option sometime soon. I may be wrong, but thatās what Iāve gathered
Itās been kind of helpful to me to see the potential of what I could make by seeinā the amount others in my category make. But I can definitely see how it would be a detriment once you hit a certain amount. People might start thinkinā you make more than them so why contribute? They donāt really understand the cost or what goes into a creative business and all creative businesses are different. I several times have shared successful creators in my category with my FB to help show how Patreon works and that it does work. Iāve had a couple of people say that they went to look at the person I recommended, but they didnāt become a patron because that person āwas making enough money already.ā
Like you Iāve been keepinā an eye on my average per patron since Iāve started and can make a fairly reasonable guess as to number of patrons I will need to actually achieve my next goal. I have rounded up a little just to be certain when creating my new community based goals. Iām REALLY lookinā forward to beinā able to make this change!
Hey @Lochy! Looks like the āhide earningsā feature is currently available to 20% of all creators. Weāve been rolling it out slowly to catch feedback/bugs, but I would imagine you will see it available on your end in the very near future.
Thanks @natemaingard for providing some info on this!
Thanks @ellie! Will it be located on the page editor where the monetary amount is now when it becomes available? Or will it be changed in a setting somewhere? I will definitely be on the lookout for it.
I just saw it and instantly got to work changinā everything over. Thanks, Ellie!
I did notice one issue when you switch to community goals and then click āview allā to see the list it shows something like this:
$0
$0
$0
No matter which of the above I click it takes me to my very first goal.
Iām sure this has already been brought to someoneās attention, but thought Iād mention it if it hasnāt. Itās so far a minor glitch and Iām overall very pleased with this new feature.
Hey @Lochy! Just heard back from the team looking into that bug, and it sounds like what youāre seeing in the goals section is something weāre planning on fixing, but not currently prioritizing over other bugs. Iāll let you know when any action is taken to fix itāin the meantime, it shouldnāt affect any functionality.